Tuesday 27 December 2011

CHRISTMAS ISN'T CHRISTMAS TILL IT HAPPENS IN YOUR HEART

Christmas week has come and gone, though its remnants are still around (:

I have been busy finishing my "cup-dom" of christmas gifts. Let me explain cup-dom which comprised of a kingdom that spanned more than 100 cups.

So this year I discovered the joy of vinyl and decided to spread it all around, giving vinyl decorated cups. I special ordered chalkboard vinyl and used my silhouette to cut vinyl like a mad woman. Chalk is somewhat a rare commodity nowadays, being somewhat of a novel thing especially for children. This is as schools here now use whiteboards and eraseable markers unlike the yesteryears.

And this was the result (front and back):

The chalk was placed inside the chalk, giving it a tinkling sound as it clanged against the cups.

Giving a hundred of these meant:
- coming back from ikea with 3 big boxes stacked with the cups
- countless repetitive actions of remove the three stickers that were on the cup (though I do not understand why there is a need for THREE stickers), clean with nail polish remover, peel vinyl, center it, and smooth it out with a scraper.

While I have been doing that, I have been keeping up with my DD.


Here it is, looking nice and fat, the rings are about to burst, but I think it makes it look well-loved


Just some pages to share, will be back to share more of it in due time.

Hope that you are having a lovely christmas with all your loved ones.

5 comments:

  1. Love your cup idea. Your DD's are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your album looks fabulous! Love the format.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your album looks awesome and I love you 'stache mugs! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic work on your DD!!! And what great gifts!!!! Love them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your DD! And what a very cool and clever idea with the chalk vinyl and cups...would have never thought of that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...