Tuesday 1 November 2011

SASSAFRAS, YOU WILL BE MISSED

If you haven't heard, Sassafras is no longer in manufacturing, which means no more new lines from them.

They were one of the first lines that I had been introduced to when I first started scrapbooking and moved away from their cutesy lines, hitting the ball out of the park with their last few releases.

This one was an experiment where they did digital type pages, where embellishments and stitching are print on the paper already, making the page look more worked than it actually was.


Supplies: Sassafras, Studio Calico, Hero Arts, Maya Road, Jenni Bowlin

The paper itself already had a pink undertone. I placed the ampersand mask and misted it with pink mist, adding a few splotches here and there. I also added some real stitching to compliment the printed one. The foldies flowers completed the look together with the herringbone stamp

Journaling was about my final year project in university and is usually the length of journaling that I include on all my pages, this being about recording memories. However as aesthetic is also of importance to me, I do hidden journaling if you don't see it on my pages.

I am awaiting my big box from them, especially of Sunshine Broadcast, their final release line, especially the grey white polka dot paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...