Friday 26 August 2011

NEW YORK NEW YORK

I had the opportunity to visit the city that never sleeps in June for a full week. It was packed full of fun and activity, really earning its name. I was actually even shopping at Forever 21 at Times Square after midnight on a week day.

I made a scrapbook on the road, or rather a photo album which I slotted in all my memorabilia. After coming back I printed out my photos and added relevant journaling.


Supplies: Sassafras, Studio Calico, Fancy Pants,American Crafts, Crate Paper, October Afternoon

The epitome of New York City is Times Square where at all times of the day there is always people and the place is always packed. And the Avenue of Stars was my inspiration for the layout.  I lay out the veneer stars and misted the entire background to make the stars stand out. The filmstrip stamped out also pays tribute to the theatre industry, Broadway. The title draws inspiration from the song "New York New York". I also ran my Sew Easy along the bottom strip of the layout with the zig zag head attached to the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...